Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Book contract

As some of you know, I recently signed a contract with McFarland & Co, Publishers, for a book about learning to design (video) games. I have just finished the "next-to-final" draft, which is being commented on by some people, and will need to submit the final draft by Oct 15. With luck it will be available next year. (Keep in mind how long these things can take.)

The title I favor is "Learning Game Design", because I have not tried to be comprehensive. In fact, I've cut out almost as much as there is in the book (102,000 words at this point).

While it is about learning video game design, it also covers tabletop design to a great extent, both because they are the same in most respects, and because the best way to learn video game design is to start with the tabletop, as I explain at length in the book.

Lew

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good book, and I'll definitely be looking into it when it hits shelves.