Sunday, October 16, 2005

Recnetly I've written some of the rules for "Law & Chaos" (tm), and printed bigger maps for "Franks & Vikes". Thanks to a suggestion from Rick Heli that I try a diplomatic game, I've come up with something (for now titled "Furst Bismarck") that shows the diplomatic conflict in the years before World War I, and dug up a map for it. The game ends when war begins, with points determining the winner. Much of it is based on "control of neutrals" rules from old Diplomacy variants I've designed, melded with some kind of Action Card system as in "Seas of Gold" (tm) and so forth.

I've been reading a lot on Consimworld and Boardgamegeek, looking at ways to find playtesters and to publicize Sweep of History Games Magazine and the second edition of Brit.

But I still feel as though I'm not PLAYING anything.

No comments: